It left me with scars. It was hard for a child. But what’s done is done. Don’t let it bother you. One good thing it did was to make me tougher.

Tengo   ( Haruki Murakami, 1Q84 )

Tough Time   Good   Strong  

Only by learning the truth—whatever that truth might be—could people be given the right kind of power.

True   Power   Learn  

People grow up, and when they grow up they change.

Change   People   Grow  

Real life is different from math. Things in life don’t necessarily flow over the shortest possible route.

Life   Difference  

Religious faith was a matter of individual freedom.

Faith   Freedom   Religious  

If only I had made myself do it! If only I had said something to her, my life might be very different.

Myself   Life   Self   Thinking  

I’ve obviously been changing a lot over the past several months. Maybe you could say I’m growing up mentally and emotionally … at last … on the verge of turning thirty.

Grow  

Without the aid of truth, I am nothing, and I can never be anything.

True   Self  

I’m tired of living in hatred and resentment. I’m tired of living unable to love anyone. I don’t have a single friend—not one. And, worst of all, I can’t even love myself. Why is that? Why can’t I love myself? It’s because I can’t love anyone else. A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else. Do you understand what I am saying? A person who is incapable of loving another cannot properly love himself

Love   Self  

If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Tengo's Father   ( Haruki Murakami, 1Q84 )

Understand   Explanation  

“The problem I have to deal with now is how to give my life a new start”

New   Life   Problem  

Life is so uncertain: you never know what could happen. One way to deal with that is to keep your pajamas washed.

Life   Uncertain