I want to push myself to my limits, and if things don’t work out, then I can give up. But I will do everything I can until the bitter end. That is how I live.

Aomame   ( Haruki Murakami, 1Q84 )

Live   Perseverance  

Oh well, a moon is a moon, and I am me. Each of us has a different way to live. We each have our own plans.

Difference   Moon   Own Way  

Once you’ve hidden something, you have to keep it hidden.

Hidden  

You’ve gotta work with what you’ve got.

Make it happen  

I can’t be off by even one-hundredth of an inch. One slip and all my efforts will be wasted. Concentration is the key.

Concentration   Key  

All of you are trapped here. You can’t go anywhere, forward or back. But I’m not like you. I have work to do. I have a mission to accomplish. And so, with your permission, I shall move ahead.

Goal  

After a tough job where your life is on the line, what you need is the warm, quiet encouragement that accompanies the touch of human flesh

Tough Time  

After you do something like that, the everyday look of things might seem to change a little. Things may look different to you than they did before. But don’t let appearances fool you. There’s always only one reality.

Change   Difference  

1Q84—that’s what I’ll call this new world, Q is for “question mark.” A world that bears a question.

World   Question  

The air has changed, the scene has changed. I have to adapt to this world-with-a-question-mark as soon as I can. Like an animal released into a new forest. In order to protect myself and survive, I have to learn the rules of this place and adapt myself to them.

Change   Myself  

“Have you gone to bed with someone in your arms lately?” The moon did not answer. “Do you have any friends?” she asked. The moon did not answer. “Don’t you get tired of always playing it cool?” The moon did not answer.”

Answer   Moon  

Even if things were the same, people’s perception of them might have been very different

Difference   People   Perception  

It’s like the Tibetan Wheel of the Passions. As the wheel turns, the values and feelings on the outer rim rise and fall, shining or sinking into darkness. But true love stays fastened to the axle and doesn’t move.

True   Love  

A pistol is just a tool, and where I’m living is not a storybook world. It’s the real world, full of gaps and inconsistencies and anticlimaxes.

Life   Live   World  

I’m not afraid to die . What I’m afraid of is having reality get the better of me, of having reality leave me behind.

Afraid  

It’s time for me to stop crying. I’ll have to change my attitude again. I’ll have to put the rules ahead of my self. That’s the important thing, as Tamaru said

Change   Cry   Self   Attitude  

I can’t just run away with my tail between my legs. That’s not the Aomame way to live.

Live